- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and sugar until blended; stir in herbs. Pour over tomatoes; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCherry Tomato Salad
"I like making this during the summer when my cherry tomato plants are overloaded and basil plants are overgrown. If I don't have any fresh herbs, dried work out ok as well."
"I haven't tried this yet but I've made a similar salad for years using regular tomatoes chopped in quarter pieces with the dried spices as well. I also add some minced garlic and I think it must have sliced onions!"
"This was a delicious dish. The taste is good and tangy. I used dried herbs and it still was great. I sprinkled it with grated Parmesan cheese and topped with seasoned croutons."
"Very nice side dish for summer meals!"
"Yum! I didn't have fresh herbs, but dried worked beautifully. :-)"
"This is my first 'tomato salad'. Will make again!"
"this was delicious! i added feta cheese to it, and used olive oil, fresh basil, dried italian seasoning, and maple syrup instead of sugar. GREATTTTTT!"
"Wow - I had some Roma tomatoes to use up, so decided to try this recipe. It was amazing! I sprinkled Feta cheese on top - YUM!!! Thanks for sharing!"