Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops
Grilled pork chops have a lovely stuffing of couscous, cherries and seasonings in this quick and elegant main dish. Served with a salad, it’s perfect for special occasions, but speedy enough for everyday family suppers.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries, brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous. Stuff 1/3 cup into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Feb 12, 2011
My family loved these so much the first timewe made them, that we made them again the next night! I also added a hint of lemon pepper to the meat.
Oct 3, 2009
Not a nice one