- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients. Press half the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with the pie filling and sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCherry Squares
"The cherry squares were tasty, but the crust was on the soft side. It was difficult to pick up without it falling apart. It might be better to put more than half of the crust on the bottom and less on the top."