Cherry Ribbon Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1-1/4 cups boiling water. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- In a large bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in pineapple. Chill for about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- Combine the whipped topping, mayonnaise and pecans if desired; fold into orange mixture. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 184 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2012
I have made this several times. Delish!!! Very easy to make and looks great!
Apr 20, 2011
Since the first time I made this salad, it was a huge hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. It is easy to make and wonderfully delicious. I've been making it for 10 years now, and it is still requested frequently.