- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and extract if desired. Transfer to jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forCherry Rhubarb Jam
"Your directions say 1package (3oz) of Cherry jello. However my packages are .3 oz. To get 3 oz it will take 33 1/3 packages. Are you sure the . Isn't missing in your directions?"
"Good and easy to make!"
"this is wonderful, and easy. I also processed the jars for 10 min. this is a must try."
"My grandchildren absolutely loved this.I may add an additional cup of rhubarb next time or decrease the sugar by 1/2 C. With the sweet in the jello and the pie filling, I think less sugar would not be missed!"
"Everyone who eats this raves about how yummy it is! I processed in jelly jars in a water bath for 10 min. for easier storage. Gave to my daughter's preschool teachers for teacher appreciation week and they all went nuts! This will definitely become a regular jam recipe!"
"On my second batch today. I'm going to take some to my relatives in CA. I really love the taste and the recipe is so easy!"
"I have used this recipe for years. I like to chop the cherries slightly in food processor so they spread throughout the jam."
"I had frozen some fresh rhubarb earlier, which I used in this recipe. I measured the rhubarb, then thawed, and gently squeezed any excess liquid. easy recipe that got rave reviews, such as, "Fantastic" and "Awesome". I also froze some jam to see if it would taste the same, have the same consistency, etc. and it worked out great! Will be giving as gifts throughout the year, including Christmas time."
"can you can this to give as gifts at Christmas time?"
"easy to make and keeps extremely well in refrig...even past 3 weeks! Tasty on pancakes."