- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3 cups fresh or chopped frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Spread fruit in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter; set aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour over fruit; bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Yield: about 12 servings.
Reviews forCherry Rhubarb Cobbler
"I work as a cook in a retirement home. I tried this recipe out on the residents and they loved it! I will make it again. Thanks for sharing it. 5 star!Foodslinger"
"My husband loves rhubarb/cherry pie. I've never made one, but while looking for a pie recipe, I found this cobbler. So glad I did! I only had enough rhubarb for 2 cups, but I did have strawberries and used them to make up the extra cup. I also used Splenda instead of sugar. After my husbands first bite he said "This is a keeper"!! It is absolutely delicious and simple!"
"I've trying to find a recipe for Cherry Rhubard Cobbler, because my grandma made all the time when I was little & didn't have her recipe when she past away for the amount of the ingredients. This recipe is like hers is great. For alng time all I could find was with strawberries, but I prefer cherries. Thank you for this recipe."
"Ths was very very delicous I will definetly make again I shared it with some friends and they ask me if I mind sharing the recipe . This deserves five stars in my opinion. thanks."
"I had so many compliments on this cobbler"