Cherry Puddles Cake Recipe
"This lovely distinctive cake is a satisfying treat," says Shirley Kidd, field editor from New London, Minnesota.
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Egg substitute equivalent to 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) light cherry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in buttermilk, egg substitute, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Use a knife to divide batter into 24 rectangles; spoon a small amount of pie filling into the center of each. bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 134 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cherry Puddles Cake
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2011
pie filling on the top of the cake I made a glaze out of confectioners sugar and some juice from a jar of maraschino cherries.The cake was deliciously awesome!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC