VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg substitute, buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Use a knife to divide batter into 24 rectangles; spoon a small amount of pie filling into the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Puddles Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p17
Reviews forCherry Puddles Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2011
pie filling on the top of the cake I made a glaze out of confectioners sugar and some juice from a jar of maraschino cherries.The cake was deliciously awesome!"