Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls
Aline Kellogg uses pineapple tidbits, nuts and maraschino cherries to dress up a tube of orange-flavored sweet rolls. "I came up with this when we became tired of plain cinnamon rolls," she writes from her home in Allegan, Michigan. "They're so quick and easy."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, divided
- 1 tube (13.9 ounces) refrigerated orange sweet rolls with icing
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of icing from the sweet rolls. Cook and stir over medium heat until icing is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle walnuts and cherries into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Top with pineapple mixture. Arrange sweet rolls on top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining icing if desired. Serve warm.