Cherry Pineapple Bars
"These bars are a holiday favorite in our family," says Barbara McCollum, Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. "I crush the graham crackers by placing them in a plastic zippered bag and using one of my 78 rolling pins!"
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cherries, pineapple, vanilla chips, coconut and walnuts; drizzle with condensed milk.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 239 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Cherry Pineapple Bars in Country Woman June/July 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.