Cherry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water. Tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half to fit a 9-in. pie plate for bottom crust. Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Mix cherries, juice, sugar, tapioca, extract, salt and food coloring if desired; pour into the crust. Dot with butter . Top with a lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 363 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Pie
"My first cherry pie and ur was amazing!! Couldn't find 2 cans of tart cherries so I used 1 can tart cherries (last can in the store) and dark pitted sweet cherries. Cut the sugar by half, mix the juices together n reserved 1/4 cup as directed n it was delicious!!! Make sure u put the pie on a sheet pan, mine bubbled n dripped everywhere"
"GREAT pie! I HAVE MADE THIS A BUNCH OF TIMES AND IT ALWAYS GETS RAVE REVIEWS!!!"
"Easiest pie ever, definitely a keeper"
"an OUTSTANDING pie. everyone just raved about it and it was very easy to make. I did make my own pie crust from another recipe though. The filling didn't run out when it was cut and tasted awesome. I reduced the sugar drastically, only adding maybe 1/4 cup since making it for a diabetic and it was great. Made this 2 more times!"
"wow! this is so good"