Cherry Pie Dessert
“A friend shared this recipe with me,” says Alisha Rice of Albany, Oregon about this easy dessert with a shortbread-like crust. It's buttery but crunchy and kids will absolutely love it.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (30 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spoon pie filling over crust; spread with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 312 calories, 16g fat (11g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Easy Cherry Bars in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.