Cherry Pecan Torte Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups saltine crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Spread whipped cream over top. Spoon pie filling over cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 341 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Torte
"I have made this recipe for years! It comes together easy, and the taste is phenomenal!! I have one nephew that doesn't even like cherries. But he LOVES this!"