- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups saltine crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually add the sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in crumbs, pecans and vanilla. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Spread whipped cream over top. Spoon pie filling over cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCherry Pecan Torte
"I have made this recipe for years! It comes together easy, and the taste is phenomenal!! I have one nephew that doesn't even like cherries. But he LOVES this!"