Cherry-Pecan Streusel Rolls
It’s a treat watching guests enjoying these rolls. The tart cherries, sweet almond paste and crisp streusel topping have them reaching for seconds every time.—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup almond paste, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16x8-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. To the remaining filling, stir in cherries and almond paste. Sprinkle over dough to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir flour into reserved topping; sprinkle over rolls. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 370 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Pecan Cinnamon Streusel Swirls in Country Woman April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.