Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 224 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 21, 2010
We used dried cranberries in place of the candied cherries and made it in a 5x2 and a 8x4 loaf pans. The eggnog flavor is faint, but the bread is well-flavored and moist.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.