Cherry Pecan Cookies
Dotted with dried cherries and pecans, these slice-and-bake goodies look and taste yummy. Plus, the dough freezes very well. For my holiday baking, that’s a must! —Amy Briggs, Gove, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cherry-flavored dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; add half to creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in cream, then remaining flour mixture. Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into two 8-in. logs; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cherry Nut Slice and Bakes in Country Woman Christmas 2011