Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. Spread pie filling into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Oatmeal Crisp Dessert
"There was no crisp to it. It was all just goo. All the topping sank to the bottom."
"Really enjoyed this. It was easy, things used I always have in my pantry AND versatile. I used blueberry pie filling a few days after I used the cherry. The second time I made it I used half butter, half margarine to see what would happen. All that happened was we ate it all and no one noticed the margarine."
"So simple and tasty the topping has a nice crunch! I didn't have the pie filling so I substituted with 2 -15 ounce pitted dark cherries drained. Enjoyed next to a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Will definitely make again soon."