Cherry Nut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 package (6 ounces) golden raisins and cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cherry juice blend
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 white chocolate Toblerone candy bar (3.52 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Roll into a 12-1/2-in. square; cut into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Stir candy and walnuts into fruit mixture. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls onto center of each square. Bring two opposite corners to center; moisten edges with water and pinch together.
- Place 1 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 132 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 7, 2012
Excellent. Took to Super Bowl party - had many compliments on them.
Feb 2, 2012
What other filling can be used to make these cookies?
Feb 1, 2012
[quote user="walkerquilter"] What is cherry juice blend? [/quote] Find it in the juice isle of your grocery store.
Feb 1, 2012
What is cherry juice blend?
Jan 31, 2012
This cookie is an old one...called Keeflees
Jan 2, 2011
delicious, flaky, tasty. this one is everson delicious. all ingredients are good for me and its a swell treat.;)
Dec 17, 2010
My husband loves these cookies. They went so fast that I have to make more for Christmas. I'm about to make a batch using toffuti cream cheese, margarine, pecans, and spelt flour for our allergic dairy and wheat-eating son. I'm sure they'll be delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.