- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and extracts until blended. Stir in oats and cherries. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCherry No-Bake Cookies
"I have not made yet; but will in the next couple of weeks -- just FYI, I have made no-bake cookies with Splenda in the past without any problem! That's my intention to making these the first time around -- so I'll update review after I have made them. And will probably add some coconut as well!"
"Would this work with Splenda instead of sugar??"