Cherry No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and finely chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and extracts until blended. Stir in oats and cherries. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers.
1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 16, 2019I add a half cup coconut shredded. And used chunky peanut butter. But you can leave out peanut butter.
Aug 11, 2019The ingredients and the recipe do not match...this is supposed to be a cherry no bake cookie, but the instructions say to mix peanut butter in? Can someone help as I'd really like to make the cherry cookies! Both versions sound great by the way.
Aug 11, 2019Maraschino cherries are full of high fructose corn syrup! I used healthy fresh blueberries instead
Jun 24, 2019Would it be possible to make with something else besides peanut butter?
Feb 5, 2019Awesome!
Jan 17, 2019These are delicious! The only other no bake cookies I've tried have always had chocolate and peanut butter, but nothing else to make them stand out. But these definitely stand out. :) They actually taste a lot like the cherry flavor Mountain candy bars!
Dec 23, 2018UPDATE: I have made these several times with "sugar"
Jun 12, 2018
I made some substitutions: I used Sunbutter, and omitted the almond extract to make the cookies nut-allergy safe. They are slightly gooey-er, probably the consistency of the Sunbutter, but they are very tasty! When I'm not "baking" for kids that aren't mine, I'm going to try it the original way and I'm really excited to try them that way, too!
Dec 31, 1969
Could you use Nutella instead of peanut butter?
Sep 8, 2017
Would this work with Splenda instead of sugar??