Cherry No-Bake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and extracts until blended. Stir in oats and cherries. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 81 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 12, 2018
I made some substitutions: I used Sunbutter, and omitted the almond extract to make the cookies nut-allergy safe. They are slightly gooey-er, probably the consistency of the Sunbutter, but they are very tasty! When I'm not "baking" for kids that aren't mine, I'm going to try it the original way and I'm really excited to try them that way, too!
May 15, 2018
Could you use Nutella instead of peanut butter?
Sep 25, 2017
I have not made yet; but will in the next couple of weeks -- just FYI, I have made no-bake cookies with Splenda in the past without any problem! That's my intention to making these the first time around -- so I'll update review after I have made them. And will probably add some coconut as well!
Sep 8, 2017
Would this work with Splenda instead of sugar??
Sep 5, 2017
These look like they should be dipped in Chocolate.....yum....maybe only for Christmas....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.