I've always loved my no-bake cookie recipe, but I was never able to place at the fair with them. So I mixed in some maraschino cherries, added a few drops of almond extract, and voila! We won a blue ribbon at the county fair in 2010. —Denise Wheeler, Newaygo, Michigan
Recommended: 17 Make-Ahead Christmas Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained and finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and extracts until blended. Stir in oats and cherries. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry No-Bake Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2017