Cherry Mocha Balls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cherries. If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool completely on wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 19, 2009
These are really good, I didn't have candied cherries so I used maraschino cherries and they were excellent!
Oct 26, 2008
These are a nice addition to my holiday baking. They are not as sweet as most Christmas treats, but so good!