Cherry Mincemeat Mold
This gelatin has a touch of sweetness from dark cherries and a nice crunch from apples and nuts. Its red color makes it festive for December meals.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain cherries, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1-1/2 cups. Cut cherries in half; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice and cherry juice mixture. Refrigerate until partially set. Fold in the apple, mincemeat, walnuts and cherries. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Mincemeat Mold in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.