VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 24 maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 24 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 48 almond slices
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Holding each cherry by the stem, dip into chocolate mixture. Place on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Reheat remaining chocolate; dip cherries again, then press onto the bottom of a chocolate kiss. For ears, place almond slices between cherry and kiss. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Mice in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p76
Reviews forCherry Mice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2016
"Question - what kind of shortening did you use?"
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2014
"they were easy and fun to do and tasted very good."