My guests enjoy this refreshing cherry-topped drink. It's just right on a hot southern summer evening. And it's pretty, too.—Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters lime carbonated water, chilled
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 8 lime slices
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir carbonated water into lime juice mixture.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon cherry juice in a glass. Add crushed ice and about 1 cup of lime juice mixture. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lime slice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 142 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Bottoms-Up Cherry Limeade in Cooking Through the Seasons
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.