My guests enjoy this refreshing cherry-topped drink. It's just right on a hot southern summer evening. And it's pretty, too.—Awynne Thurstenson, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 liters lime carbonated water, chilled
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 8 lime slices
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and sugar. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir carbonated water into lime juice mixture.
- For each serving, place 1 tablespoon cherry juice in a glass. Add crushed ice and about 1 cup of lime juice mixture. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lime slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bottoms-Up Cherry Limeade in Cooking Through the Seasons 2009, p91
Reviews forCherry Limeade
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2011
"the best drink i ever had mmmmmmm"
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
"It was ok. I personally didn't like the carbonated lime water. Maybe Sprite or 7-Up might have been better?"