Cherry Ice Cream
For a homemade treat, this ice cream will make your family feel special.—Carol Dale, Greenville, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling Freeze: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 gallon
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Scald milk; slowly pour into egg mixture, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Chop the cherries by hand or in a food processor. Combine cherries with egg mixture and all remaining ingredients. Freeze in an ice cream maker.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 223 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Ice Cream in Country Woman March/April 1992
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.