- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (11 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ICE CREAM CAKE:
- 2 pints cherry or cherry vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 3 cups crushed shortbread cookies, divided
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over low heat until butter is melted; remove from the heat. Add chips; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until sauce is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, line the bottom and sides of a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spread 1 pint cherry ice cream into prepared pan; sprinkle with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Top with vanilla ice cream. Freeze 20 minutes or until firm.
- Spread with 3/4 cup chocolate sauce; freeze 20 minutes. Top with remaining cherry ice cream; sprinkle with 1 cup cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 4 hours. Transfer remaining sauce to a microwave-safe dish; cover and refrigerate.
- Remove dessert from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using plastic wrap, remove dessert from pan; discard plastic wrap. Press remaining cookie crumbs into sides. Using a serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Warm reserved sauce in a microwave; serve with ice cream cake. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Reviews forCherry Ice Cream Cake
"I loved this cake! I used a 9 inch springform and put some of the crumbs on the bottom, then 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia on the bottom, then a layer of 1/2 the chocolate sauce, then a layer of 2 pints of haagen daz vanilla, then another pint of Cherry Garcia. then the rest of the chocolate sauce. The next day, I pulled it from the freezer and piped chocolate cool whip around the edges since they were not real pretty and decorated the top. Then I pressed the rest of the cookie crumbs into the sides and put it back in the freezer on a cookie sheet covered with foil til it was time to serve. My layers didn't stick together with the crumbs in between when I went to serve the cake the first time I made it, so I avoided that the second time. Great cake though. Note: To soften the super premium ice cream to spread into layers, I put it in my stand mixer with the paddle attachment til it was a spreadable consistency. This way it didn't get melted and form ice crystals."