VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Scald milk; slowly pour into egg mixture, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Chop the cherries by hand or in a food processor. Combine cherries with egg mixture and all remaining ingredients. Freeze in an ice cream maker. Yield: about 1 gallon.
Originally published as Cherry Ice Cream in Country Woman March/April 1992, p35