A wonderful accompaniment to cooked chicken or turkey, this colorful relish provides plenty of pizzazz to help make any occasion special.—Cherry Marketing Institute, Jane Baker, Lansing, Michigan
Recommended: Our Favorite Canning Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (16 ounces) tart cherries with liquid
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a saucepan, combine cherries with liquid, raisins, honey, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and cloves. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot. Remove from heat; stir in pecans.
- Combine cornstarch and water; mix well. Gradually stir into cherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Serve over slices of hot cooked chicken or turkey. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Honey Relish in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p19