Cherry Hazelnut Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs; add the sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in cherries.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Transfer biscotti to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 10-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 12, 2015
This is a holiday favorite at our house!
Dec 20, 2012
This treat is a favorite in my household! It is delicious! I glaze half of each piece in chocolate! Sooooo good!
Dec 23, 2010
These have a nice sweetness from the cherries and freshness from the lemon. The nuts blend the flavours to make a biscotti to enjoy all year.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.