Cherry Hazelnut Biscotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs; add the sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in cherries.
- Divide dough in half. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x3-in. rectangle. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Transfer biscotti to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 10-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 12, 2015
This is a holiday favorite at our house!
Dec 20, 2012
This treat is a favorite in my household! It is delicious! I glaze half of each piece in chocolate! Sooooo good!
Dec 23, 2010
These have a nice sweetness from the cherries and freshness from the lemon. The nuts blend the flavours to make a biscotti to enjoy all year.