- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs; add the sugar, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in cherries. Divide dough in half.
- On parchment-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into 12-in x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Transfer biscotti to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until firm, turning after 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: About 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCherry Hazelnut Biscotti
"This is a holiday favorite at our house!"
"This treat is a favorite in my household! It is delicious! I glaze half of each piece in chocolate! Sooooo good!"
"These have a nice sweetness from the cherries and freshness from the lemon. The nuts blend the flavours to make a biscotti to enjoy all year."