"I like to take advantage of gelatin mixes and pie fillings to make colorful salads that can be prepared the day before you need them," remarks Chris Rentmeister from Ripon, Wisconsin. "These fruity squares are great for everyday suppers yet special enough for company."
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/4 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pie filling and mix well. Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam).
- Pour into an 8-in. square dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Gelatin Squares in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p8
Reviews forCherry Gelatin Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2015
"I make this often. To change things up, I sometimes switch to peach pie filling and either peach or orange jello."
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2015
"Simple and tasty. I have made this many times."