I’ve never seen a recipe like this one, where filled crescent dough and Mountain Dew are baked together. It’s such a treat. I have to confess, sometimes we eat it for breakfast. —Heidi Swope, Toledo, Ohio
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Code Red Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and separate into 16 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each triangle; top with 1 teaspoon pie filling. Fold points of short side over filling; wrap remaining point around dumpling. Pinch seams to seal.
- Transfer dumplings to a 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix sugar and butter; pour over dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew around dumplings. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 dumplings.
Originally published as Cherry Dew Dumplings in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews forCherry Dew Dumplings
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review