Cherry Date Cookies
You can fix these chewy old-fashioned drop cookies with five ingredients. "I received this recipe from a friend more than 40 years ago and have made these cookies every Christmas since," writes Charlotte Moore of Parkersburg, West Virginia. Topped with a cherry half, each fruitcake-like bite costs just 16 cents.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 27 squares)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 27 red or green maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in dates and walnuts (mixture will be very thick).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 186 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.