- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1-3/4 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 30 to 34 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Stir in the pecans, dates and chopped cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cornflakes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press a cherry half into center of each. Bake at 350° for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCherry Crunch Cookies
"These crunchy cookies tastes as good as they look with the cherry on top!!"
"These cookies are long-time favorites. I have made them with and without the dates, and I've also substituted other flaky cereals for the cornflakes. Whichever way they are made, they seem to tickle cookie fanciers and even those who aren't so crazy about cookies."