- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons white grape or apple juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Toasted sliced almonds and additional whipped cream, optional
- Split lady fingers lengthwise; brush with juice. Place a layer of lady fingers around the sides and over the bottom of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon extract. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over crust. Arrange remaining lady fingers in a spoke-like fashion. Spread evenly with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill overnight. Combine the pie filling and remaining extract; spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. to serve, remove sides of pan. Garnish with almonds and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews forCherry Cream Torte
"I have no doubt this is delicous as is; I haven't made it yet but plan to make it for Thanksgiving. Has anyone ever tried it with mascarpone cheese? If so, do you recommend I substitute it ounce for ounce and would it it completely alter the taste of the dish or maybe just 'enhance' it (if that's possible:-) I just LOVE mascarpone cheese in desserts. Thanks!"
"best recipe ever, easy to make and when you bring it anywhere people think its beautiful and light to eat."
"This recipe is not only gorgeous but absolitley delicious. I have made it several times using the apple juice."