This recipe is one of my favorites. It can be made for holidays, wedding receptions...or anytime a special dessert is needed. —Michelle Mirich, Youngstown, Ohio
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Combine the flour and confectioners’ sugar; add to creamed mixture and beat until a soft dough forms. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased 2-in. tart pans or miniature muffin cups.
- If using tart pans, place on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add whipped topping; beat until smooth. Pipe into tart shells. Top each with a cherry piece. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Tarts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p76
Reviews forCherry Cream Tarts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
"I made these for a MOPS brunch. Everyone liked them and one person asked for the recipe. Anytime I get asked for a recipe is a win in my book."