"Cherry Cream Parfaits are lovely and special desserts that look fussy but are really easy to fix," assures Jeanette Mack of Rushville, New York. "I've also made them using other pie fillings like strawberry, raspberry and blueberry."
Recommended: 30 Easier-Than-Pie Summer Fruit Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- In a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, vanilla and salt; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in sour cream.
- Set aside six cherries from pie filling. Spoon half of the remaining pie filling into parfaits glasses; top with half of the cream mixture. Repeat layers. Top with reserved cherries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Cream Parfaits in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p9
Reviews forCherry Cream Parfaits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2012
"was very delicious going to try this with greak yogurt"