Cherry-Cream Crumble Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cherries, sour cream, egg and extract. Spoon into the pastry shell. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of crust to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 463 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2014
Great pie! I used frozen cherries from my tree. About 3 cups and 2/3 c. sugar. I used at least 1 tsp of almond extract and an extra Tbs of flour because I included cherry juices. I also used slivered almonds not pecans in topping. I will for sure make it again!!!
Dec 6, 2013
I made this pie for Thanksgiving, and it was the family favorite! I used pitted pie cherries that I had canned (two jars).