- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk. Separate dough into 16 triangles; place on lightly greased baking sheets. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture near the edge of the short side of each triangle. Top with 1 tablespoon pie filling. Fold long point of triangle over filling and tuck under dough. Lightly beat egg white; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews forCherry Cream Crescents
"Very easy to make. Lower fat cream cheese and crescent rolls work fine for this. The cream cheese mixture and pie filling were twice as much as I needed. Gotta make another batch, oh darn. Different pie fillings such as blueberry work well in this too. I tried to put more berries than goo in them to keep them from being too messy. They're still a little tricky to transfer from the counter to parchment-lined baking sheets. The egg whites brushed on make a beautiful glazed finish just like the picture. I accidentally got a little egg yolk in the glaze once, but it still looked nice. I'd pair this with coffee rather than wine as suggested above."
"I have made this many times before and it is fantastic! Instead of individual servings, I line a 9X13 pan with cresecent rolls and spread with both fillings, topping it off with the 2nd tube of crescent rolls. This prevents all the oozing and is really easy to serve in slices!"
"A wonderful easy recipe I was able to do with my daughter! But we filled these so much we had the filling oozing all over the place and still had enough filling for an extra can of crescent rolls...not that anyone complained about having more of these to eat! :)"