Studded with red cherries and nuts, these delicious cookies are worthy of setting out on a plate for Santa himself.—Jean Davis, Bryson City, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be thick). Stir in pecans and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 82 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cherry Cookies in Country Woman December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.