Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. In a saucepan, combine sugar, candies and cornstarch. Stir in water and juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in cherries. Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and nuts. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Add egg and milk; mix until dry ingredients are moistened (add a few drops more milk if necessary).
- Roll out dough; brush with butter. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over dough. Roll up; cut into 16 slices. Lay slices over cherry filling. Bake at 400° for 35-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 15, 2016
I made this recipe over 55 years ago. I found the recipe in a book that myMom had pasted recipes she cut out of magazines. I was my first time I made a recipe that I chose the recipe and made myself. It is very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.