I'm a pie baker and this is one my family frequently requests. With the brandy infused cherries and chocolate chips, it's an awesome twist on a pecan pie.—Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
Featured In: 70 Sweet & Savory Pecan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup brandy or cherry juice blend
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toss cherries with brandy; let stand, covered, 1 hour.
- For crust, mix flour, sugar and salt. Whisk together oil and milk; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork just until blended. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- For filling, drain cherries, reserving 1 tablespoon brandy. Beat butter, sugar and salt until blended; gradually beat in eggs and reserved brandy. Stir in flour. Fold in pecans, chocolate and cherries; pour into crust.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Pecan Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p144
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Pecan Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2016
"I was VERY skeptical when a customer asked me to bake this for a birthday party, but it turned out wonderfully.@viennarose7, the photo does not show a double crust, the top of the pie just browns and crusts over to look like one. Here's a photo sans whipped cream that's a much better depiction:https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14711229_10153792305892890_7133929771929580607_o.jpg."
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2013
"Haven't tried, but photo shows double crust and recipe does not, I would not use a double crust, please correct or verify. thanks."