“You may want to make two of these easy ice cream pies-one to serve and the other to store in the freezer for company. The combination of chocolate and cherries is irresistible.” —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Hot fudge ice cream topping and maraschino cherries, optional
- Place dried cherries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and cherries. Spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Slice; drizzle each piece with fudge topping and garnish with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Pie in Country Woman February/March 2009, p26
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
"1 Word 5 letters!! GREAT!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
"YUM! This is delicious and easy. Try it - you will love it."