Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
“You may want to make two of these easy ice cream pies-one to serve and the other to store in the freezer for company. The combination of chocolate and cherries is irresistible.” —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3-1/2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- Hot fudge ice cream topping and maraschino cherries, optional
- Place dried cherries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, chocolate chips and cherries. Spread into crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Slice; drizzle each piece with fudge topping and garnish with a maraschino cherry if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate-Cherry Pie in Country Woman February/March 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.