Cherry Chocolate Dessert
For dessert, I put together a parfait that stacks up as a fuss-free favorite. Cherry yogurt, chocolate syrup and whipped topping blend into a yummy fluff. It's lovely with the alternating layers of fruit.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cherry yogurt
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or bananas
- Mint sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and chocolate syrup; fold in whipped topping. Set aside 12 strawberry slices.
- In six dessert dishes, place half of the remaining fruit; top with half of the yogurt mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with reserved strawberries and mint sprigs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 227 calories, 7g fat (7g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Chocolate Dessert in Country Woman November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.