- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate and cherries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake until firm, 12-14 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
"love dried cherries and this recipe makes good use of them. plus the combo of cherries and choclate is great."
"I make these cookies every year by demand they are my husbands FAVORITE!!"